View and manage your storage locations
Keeping track of where stock is in your store is an important part of good warehouse practice. You don't want to have to go hunting through your whole store for stock, wasting time and energy when mSupply can tell you exactly where it is!
Locations in mSupply are the places you store stock.
Viewing your store's locations
To view the storage locations of your store, go to
Locations in the navigation panel:
You will see a list of your storage locations:
Creating a new location
To create a new location, tap on the
New Location button in the top right corner of the screen:
A window like this opens:
- Name: Enter the name of the new location
- Code: Enter a code for the new location
- On Hold (checkbox): If you check this box, then goods in this location cannot be selected for issue to customers. Goods can be moved in to, and out, of the location but they cannot be issued from that location.
- The stock needs to be kept from being issued until some inspection / approval (e.g. quarantine or under bond)
- The stock is a bulk quantity with the same expiry date as another stock line in another location from which you want stock issued. You can use this feature to force mSupply to always suggest issuing stock of this item from the 'issue' location rather than this 'bulk' location. When you have finished issuing stock from the 'issue' location, and you want to issue the stock that is in the 'bulk' location, you will need to either take the 'bulk' location off hold, or, move all, or some of it (split), the stock from the 'bulk' location.
Editing a new location
To edit a location, simply tap on one in the location list.
Deleting a location
To delete a location:
- Check the box of the location that you want to delete in the location list
- Click on the
Selectdropdown menu and select
Delete selected line