Internal Orders go by several other names in certain countries or systems:
- Report & Requisition
Internal Orders are a way to support users in requesting new stock from another store.
Viewing Internal Orders🔗
If you would like to order some stock from your supplier:
- Navigate to the
- Tap on
You will see a list of all existing internal orders:
You can use the
Search by comment field to filter the list by the comments of the internal orders:
You can sort the list using the column headers:
- Tap the column header of the column that you want to sort. The column is sorted in ascending order.
- Tap the column header again and column will be sorted in the opposite order.
Creating a new Internal Order🔗
Select a supplier🔗
- Click on the
New Orderbutton (top right corner):
- A new window opens, inviting your to select a supplier:
- Select a Supplier by pressing on their name. You will see a window like this:
Defining Maximum Month of Stock (Maximum MOS)🔗
Defining the Maximum MOS (Month of Stock) is critical to the calculation of the Suggested Quantity and you can change it:
- There is an industry rule of thumb that the Maximum MOS should be set to 3 times the ordering cycle
- The default Maximum MOS is
3.0, which is based on a monthly ordering cycle
- If for example, the ordering cycle was every two months, then Maximum MOS should be set to 3 x 2 =
This can be done before or after adding items to your order.
Adding a single item🔗
Add Item to add a single item to your order. A new window opens:
First select the item you want to add to your order. Open the
Stock details dropdown menu and select your item from the list. You can also type some or all of an item name (or code) to look for a specific item.
Once item is selected, you should see the following information on the window:
- Item Code and Item Name
- Unit: the default unit used for this item (eg. Tablet, Vial)
- AMC: Average Monthly Consumption. How much stock your store uses each month on average (based on a configurable number of months, default is set to 3 months)
- Suggested Quantity: how much stock mSupply suggests that your order to reach your stock target quantity
- Order quantity: the quantity of units that you request from your supplier
You should also see the following charts:
- Stock distribution: In this chart, you will see the following information:
- The Target Quantity for the item. This is calculated as: Maximum MOS x AMC.
- Your current Stock on Hand (in grey)
- The suggested quantity calculated by mSupply
- Consumption History (monthly): this chart shows the monthly consumption up to 12 months in the past (in grey) and the current AMC (in orange):
- Stock Evolution: this chart shows you your stock level for the last 30 days and your projected inventory for the next 30 days. The projected stock will be updated based on your inputs in the
Adding items using a master list🔗
If your organisation is using Master Lists, you can add multiple items at once using your store's master lists. It is particularly useful when you have a lot of items in your order and you don't want to add them all one by one.
- Tap on the
Add from master listbutton
- Select a master list
- A dialog window opens asking you whether you want to add all of the items from this master list. Tap
OKif you wish to proceed.
All the items of the master list are now listed in your order. If you had previously added single item, it will add items that are not already there.
Tap on an order line to change the Order Quantity or tap on the button
Requested to Suggested button
If you don't find the master list you are looking for and if you want to create a new one, please contact your administrator.
Reading the Internal Order's list🔗
When you add items (using a master list or not), the item is added to the order's table. The following information is provided for each order line:
|Code||Code of the item|
|Name||Name of the item|
|SoH (Est. remaining)||How much stock currently available in your store for this store|
|AMC||Average Monthly Consumption: how much stock your store uses each month on average (based on a configurable number of months, defaults to 3 months)|
|Target Stock||This is the stock you are aiming for. Calculated as: AMC x Maximum MOS|
|Suggested Quantity||How much stock mSupply suggests that your order. This is calculated as: AMC x Maximum MOS - SoH|
|Requested||This is set to zero by default. This is the quantity of units you are ordering from your supplier.|
|Comment||A comment for the order line. Comments will be visible to your supplier.|
Using Suggested Quantities🔗
If you tap on the
Use Suggested Quantities on the requisition header, mSupply will automatically copy the values in the Suggested Quantity column into the Requested Quantity column.
You can always manually edit the order quantity for each by tapping on an order line.
Printing an Internal Order🔗
When viewing a specific Internal Order, simply click the
P (if using windows) or
P keys on your keyboard (if using a mac).
This will either
- Show a menu of possible reports for you to select from before creating a PDF. This will happen if there are more than one report defined for the
- Create a PDF immediately, if there is only one report to select from
Sending an Internal Order🔗
To send the order to your supplier:
- Tap on the
Confirm Sentbutton (bottom right corner)
- A dialog window opens asking you whether you are sure to want to send the order. Tap on
- Status of your order is now
SENTand the order is no longer editable