Counting and adjusting stock
mSupply will automatically keep track of your stock levels for you, as you receive and distribute it. But sometimes data gets entered incorrectly or stock goes out without anyone making an entry in the system.
Of course, we try not to let that happen but, if it does happen, we can make corrections. The easiest way to correct mistakes is to do a Stocktake.
In mSupply, you can easily do a stocktake for:
- A full inventory
- A limited range of items
- A single item
To view your stocktakes, go to
Inventory and then
Stocktakes in the navigation panel:
This brings up a list of all your stocktakes:
For each stock stake you can see:
- The stock take number
- The stock take status. There are two stock take statuses:
- New: a stocktake you are still working on
- Finalised: a stocktake that has alredy been performed. You can no longer edit it.
- A description of the stocktake (eg. March Stocktake)
- If any, a comment about the stoctake
- The date of the stock take
NEW, especially if you are about to create a new stocktake containing the same items. Indeed, it can be quite dangerous to leave old stocktakes with status
NEWin your system. If time has passed since the stocktake was created, then the snapshot and actual quantities are almost certainly incorrect. For good housekeeping reasons, it is good practice to delete old
Creating a new stock take
Let's start a new stocktake. To do so, tap on the
New Stocktake button in the right corner of the screen.
A window appears, inviting you to select items to be counted:
Select items you wish to count using the check boxes. You can select more than one:
If you want to to include every item (or most items), check the
Select All box and click on
Use the search bar to look for a specific item by typing its name or its code:
Click on OK when you have selected all the items you would like to count.
Printing Stocktake sheet
When viewing a specific Stocktake, simply click the
P (if using windows) or
P keys on your keyboard (if using a mac).
This will either
- Show a menu of possible reports for you to select from before creating a PDF. This will happen if there are more than one report defined for the
- Create a PDF immediately, if there is only one report to select from